Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2 Weeks

It's hard to believe that Megan is already 2 weeks old! Time flies when you are sleep deprived!

Megan went for her 2 week check up today and it wasn't a bad appointment but it certainly wasn't great. They have been monitoring her jaundice since she left the hospital and as of last week it was much better. You could only see yellow in her face. She also had gained 5 ounces and was up to 7 pounds 10 ounces. The doctor helped me by giving me a nipple shield to help with latch on and assured me that things were going great so far. However, today... her bilirubin level was back up and she had lost weight. She is now 6 pounds 12 ounces. I was a little disappointed because I had thought the feeding was going better but apparently I was wrong!

You would think that breastfeeding would be easy but not for me. I've taken advice from just about everyone and it just isn't working! I'll continue to try it for the next few weeks but if she still isn't gaining weight and we have to continue to come back for weight checks I'm going to switch to formula. I just can't go through the same pain and heartache I did with Gavin!

Here are some pictures from the last week... Enjoy!










1 comment:

macope@ox.net said...

She is so sweet. Try using a breast pump and "bottling" it (it also freezes well)Then Matt can do the late night feeding!