Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You never stop learning...



Yesterday while I was trying to be a "good" mom and prepare a fun St Patrick's day for my boy I came across the background of a shamrock. Up until now I had know idea how the shamrock and St Patrick's Day were related.

Well..now.. I'm more educated :)

Do you know??

St. Patrick used the shamrock as an illustration in one of his sermons about the trinity.

Wow! Who would've known...

So anyway.. today Gavin handed out shamrock treats with the little saying,

“Just like the leaves on each shamrock we see, there are three parts to the Holy Trinity. First is God the Father, then Jesus, His only Son, and the Holy Spirit together as One.”

I tried to explain it to Gavin and he said "Oh, ok mommy" Don't know that he really understood but hey, he's 4! Just planting the seed.

Just goes to show you that learning never ends!

No comments: