It was raining today. This is not good news to a mother of a VERY active almost 3 year old who wants to ride his tractor outside everyday after school. Fortunately he was not as concerned with the tractor when mommy mentioned we could go to "Jumpin Beans" instead. (Thank God for big giant inflatables!) My friend Jennifer (aka Nenner) came to. Gavin loves playing with her. We bounced around for about an hour and then headed to "Nenner's" house for dinner (isn't it wonderful that I managed to get out of cooking the first night Matt was gone!)
Gavin enjoyed scooping and dumping noodles in and out of bowls while dinner was cooking. Nenner doesn't have any kids yet so there were no cool toys to play with. However, noodles seemed to be a nice substitute. (even if mommy did have to keep picking up noodles off the floor) We had lots of fun. We even got to end our night watching a train pass by in her backyard. He just loves going to Nenner's house to see the "choo choo train"!
I must say other than being told "no mommy.... daddy puts my shirt on first not my shorts!" while getting ready for bed and other little jobs that are usually daddy's I haven't done too bad! Here's hoping tomorrow goes as well as today or even better!

Nenner and Gavin

Nenner and Gavin playing on the teeter totter

2 comments:
It was worth the exposure to the germs in that inflatable to watch Gav smile and hear him laugh.
Gavin LOVES "Nenner" :) John and the choo choo!
Being a single mom is a little easier when you have a support system that include great friends! That's how I made it through so many years (sometimes I think back to when I didn't have to answer to anyone else, always allowed to do it MY way :) (love you Kevin :) then reality cames back into focus and I realize that it is soooo nice to say "Go ask your Dad." :)
Post a Comment