Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Library Rocks!

My kids LOVE going to the library. Whether it's going for a special story time or just going to pick out books. We go every Wednesday and my kids get super excited to pick out their own books! I'm pretty sure we leave every week with at least 30 books if not more! And the crazy thing is... we always read them! Now when you pick that many books in a week you can get some pretty interesting books. I do my best to preview their book choices but occasionally I'll miss a couple and we end up coming home with books like...
 
Yeah... that one was just a lovely read. But hey, it's true... everyone poops! Occasionally the kids will pick a book that they absolutely LOVE! Maybe it's super funny, maybe it has fun rhymes, or maybe it just appealed to them in this season that they're in. When we find one of those books I do my best to add it to the list of "make sure we buy this one!" This past week, the kids picked up a book and fell IN LOVE with it. I'm not gonna lie... this books is AWESOME! If you get a chance make sure you check it out. It's' informative, educational, and SUPER FUN to look through no matter what your age!
 

 
Seriously... how fun is that?
 
 I've been really trying to study for my Praxis II test (because apparently I'm not nearly as smart as one would think) and I had requested a study book be sent to the Wake Forest location. When I went in this week to pick it up I found out about another awesome aspect of Wake County libraries! As I was checking out my book, the lady asked me if I knew about the Praxis prep test offered on their website. Ummmm, NO! Turns out they have a prep test on their website (and for that matter a BUNCH of different school related, job related, you name it practice tests) for FREE!!! Those practice test books at Barnes and Noble are like $40! Needless to say I was thrilled and plan on taking advantage of that lovely service at some point next week! A big THANK YOU to the nice librarian for sharing such helpful information and a big high five to Wake County Public Library for giving me yet another reason to love you!

No comments: