Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When you can't choose just one....

Tonight I have to bring dinner and dessert for life group. Every week that I have to bring dinner I end up in the kitchen practically all day. This normally isn't really much of an issue except that this week has just been crazy busy and I just don't really feel like being in the kitchen all day, wouldn't have much time to get everything accomplished that I have on my to do list ;)

So tonight I'm bringing Chinese. Yummy! I don't know about you but I LOVE Chinese food! The only thing I have to make is dessert. Now for the hard part...what to bring? Of course I did what any loving and possibly crazy wife/mother would do. I asked my family. Didn't I know that this is the Stevens family and nobody EVER wants the same thing?! What was I thinking?

Matt wanted peanut butter Oreo dessert, Gavin wanted tried and true brownies, and Megan wanted "pink cake". I did my best to get people to compromise. I told Matt... we had Oreo balls last week! I told Gavin... we have brownies ALOT! I told Megan... Mommy really wants pink cake too honey but Gavin and Daddy want ______.  Yeah I know, pretty convincing arguments huh? So what's a girl to do when everyone wants something different? Do I make peanut butter Oreo dessert? Or fudge brownies? Or strawberry refrigerator cake? Also known to Megan as pink cake.

Once in a while.... you just gotta.... GO FOR IT! After all, with 17 different people, there is bound to be someone who wants exactly what Matt wanted, or maybe what Gavin wanted, or maybe what Megan and Mommy wanted! And... if not.... that leaves for some yummy leftovers!






No comments: