Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Way to bring it right back...

Let me just tell you about my morning....

From 8:15 to 12:30 Gavin managed to
* fall off the stool in the bathroom causing a nice strawberry burn on his tummy after I told him at least 5 times not to play on the stool
* have the blinds fall out of the window (again after being told numerous times not to play with them)
*fall down the stairs while trying to walk in my shoes that I had just told him to take off
*hit his sister in the head with a ball while trying to play ping pong in the house
*ruin a pear of jeans by cutting a hole in them with scissors (although he claims he didn't and that they already had a hole just like daddy's... yeah right!)
* spill his milk all over the table, the floor, and the dog that was sitting next to him
and last but not least...
Slip and fall while going up and down his bunk bed ladder trying to play fire man after I told him the bed was not a playground. He now has a busted lip to go with that strawberry on his tummy!

The child looks like I beat him! I said, "Gavin... why can't you just obey mommy when I tell you something. Then you wouldn't get hurt or get in trouble. It really isn't that hard just to listen is it?! In fact we would have lots more fun if you would just listen!"

Side note -- I've moved my quiet time to nap time because I'm just too tired in the morning and my son gets up earlier than me so there would be no quiet! The night is never a good time cause I always have stuff to do... therefore... nap time is the best time now!

Ok so anyway... while doing my bible study today God had a funny little lesson for Lauren....

It started with list some things God has asked you to do that you have ignored...

I gave my list

Then
Read Deeuteronomy 11: 26-28
"See I am setting befored you today a blessing and a curse - the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today"

It then read...
Wouldn't it be much easier to accept the blessing than the curse by just obeying God's commands?"

Gotcha... so maybe Gavin isn't the only one who should just obey the first time!

No comments: