Monday, May 3, 2010

Where did you go?

I bet that's what you've been wondering huh? I'm completely exhausted and just plain worn out!

I'll just put it right out there and say... Yikes! This being a mom thing is kicking my butt and I haven't even made it to the teenage years yet!

You see I'm looking for this sweet little boy I had about 4 1/2 years ago... he used to look like this...



Now he is a "big boy" and looks like this....



However, if you could be a fly on our wall over the past couple months you may actually have thought you saw this....



I just don't know what to do with him anymore! He is one of those kids that just doesn't care! He really doesn't! I tried the emotional side... "that's hurts mommy and daddy's feelings" or "you disappointed us" -- Didn't work. I've tried spanking... he will cry but then is over it quickly and back to doing the exact same thing he was punished for OR NOW... he will be agressive back! I've tried sending him to his room, taking all his toys away, and not allowing him to go outside. I've tried hot sauce, soap, etc. -- no luck there either!
He just doesn't care! He has a smarter mouth than some teengagers I know and Matt and I are at our wits end with him!

I know... "you have to be consistent" or "he's testing you"... and to that I would like to say... I KNOW he is testing me and I AM consistent however that isn't solving any problems right now! In fact.. he is getting worse!  I tried to hold off on a psychologist after he was tested for anxiety and oppositional defiant disorder last year hoping that it was just circumstances he was in but now I don't think I have much choice. He has serious anger issues that need to be dealt with.

All that craziness aside... I haven't been posting because I'm tied up trying to be "consistent"  and making phone calls to different counseling places to find the cheapest one... because... that's right! Our insurance's mental health coverage is essentially non existent.


Please pray for Matt and I to continue to be patient and consistent and for Gavin's anger to subside and behavior to change!



No comments: