Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine's Day celebration...

I've never been big on celebrating Valentine's Day. In fact I am one of those people who believe that "I love you" should be said everyday. (Although it isn't in this house) However, once I had kids... things changed. I became a little kid again! I get so excited  doing special things for my kids. In fact I find it more rewarding than actually getting any Valentine's gift myself!

This year we were pretty short on $$, so after we got the kids their Valentine's Day stuff there wasn't anything really left over for exchanging gifts between Matt and I. However, if you know anything about me... I just can't NOT get him ANYTHING!! It's just not in me! So this year I had to be a little more creative with the supplies I had on hand. ($8, my brain, the computer, and several art supplies)

The week before Valentine's Day I got to work on some handmade Valentine's gifts for Matt... and so did his kids :)

This is how our Valentine's Day went....

It started at 4:30 a.m. when I woke up and put hearts all over the house and in his car with different sayings written on them...
(Here are just a few)




Then I put out his poster I made....


Then I went back to bed for a few hours before the kids woke up for their 1st Valentine's Day surprise...



 Heart Shaped Blueberry Muffins :)

Megan's Spot

Megan's "boon"

Gavin's spot

Gavins balloon

The kids really enjoyed eating off the special plates (that were only .99!) and opening their Valentines gifts from Grandma and Gigi.(Thanks Grandma and Gigi!!)

The weather was 70 degrees so we spent all day playing. When daddy got home we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Yum!!

We ended the night by giving each other gifts...

No card from Mommy is complete without stickers!



A singing Monster

And Reese's peanut butter cups!

A singing Bee (Megan's favorite "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun")

Hershey Kisses (chocolate - another favorite of Megan's!)

Gavin's card to daddy


Megan's card to daddy


Matt's "gag" gifts to me -- I keep asking him to dye his hair since he is turning gray! Haha!

Megan wanting to know where the chocolate went after we put it away! (She already had 4 pieces!)

After the kids went to bed I let Matt open his card from me. I sent him on a scavenger hunt around the house to find his final present.





Although it was definitely a different type of Valentine's Day... I would say that we all enjoyed our gifts and I don't think Matt was disappointed by my creativity! Haha!

No comments: